Melissa DePaul

I'm a Broadcast Communications and Business Administration Major at Westminster Collge. I am the producer/director for Coach's Corner, which is a sports show for football and basketball season. I'm also the director of the County Line, which is a live 30-minute newscast every Thursday night at 7:30 on Adelphia Cable 9.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Real World

For the past couple weeks I've been interviewing with a couple different companies. I interviewed with Highmark, Verizon, and RVHomes. The interview process took a lot longer than I had imagined. I got a job offer from both Highmark and Verizon and am still going through RVHomes interview process. However, after a lot of thought and consideration I have decided to accept the position within Verizon. I start training on March 6th and will be working in Cranberry as a customer support representative. From there I would like to move into their communications department.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Heather Storm said…

    Congrats! I know a few people who work for Verizon and LOVE it!

     
  • At 4:32 AM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:36 AM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said…

    They spend a lot of marketing $ video production and they do produce lots of materials for an internal audience.

    I remember folks I knew at Sprint (based in the KC metro region), the head of production taught a intergrated marketing seminar I had-- he gave us a tour and WOW. They had every state of the art toy.

    Once you're inside netowrk and connect with those people in those areas you want to work. It's easier to position internally than as an outsider not invested in a company's culture.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home